Monday, October 22, 2012

Bless the LORD

Bless the LORD!



      Often, in my Scripture reading, I come upon a word or phrase that catches my attention.  I muse on it all day (ruminating like a cow, savoring each bit of thought as it comes to mind). A few days ago, while reading Psalm 135:19-21, I was struck with the phrase, "Bless the LORD!"  What does it mean to bless the LORD? I know He blesses me many, many  times in many, many ways; but how do I bless Him? The greater blesses the lesser; the lesser is blessed by the greater. So how can the greater be blessed by the lesser?
     My conclusions were thus: I bless the LORD as I thank Him for His blessings bestowed upon me.  I bless Him when I pay attention to His Word (just as my parents were blessed when I listened intently to them.)  I bless the LORD when I obey His revealed will and commands (just as I felt blessed when my sons obeyed me without complaint.)  I bless Him when I respect and care for that which He has created.  I bless Him when I praise Him in thought, word and son.  And I bless Him when I praise Him to others and tell them of His greatness. The LORD is blessed as I acknowledge His as my God and as God alone for there is no one greater than He!
   I choose to bless the LORD each and every day.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment